DUBLIN, September 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Smart Card Technologies and Global Markets" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
his report covers the global market for smart card technologies and regional analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and the Asia-Pacific region. Component segments include major smart card technologies, smart card types, platforms, protocols, standards and applications.
From a definition standpoint, this report includes sizing and forecasting for smart card technologies embedded into mobile devices, including subscriber identify modules (SIM), embedded SIM (eSIM), universal integrated circuit cards (UICC) and embedded UICC (eUICC), as well as traditional smart cards, such as national identity, company or government access control and consumer payment, and store or credit cards.
- An overview of the global market for smart card security and technology.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of CAGRs through 2022.
- Description of the various security technologies for smart cards to ensure the goal of keeping security assurance out of reach.
- Discussion on the continued expansion of smart card functions for their integration and use in mobility, the Internet of Things, and new payment and data management methods.
- A look at the opportunities for and obstacles to the capability of smart cards.
- Review of the use of smart cards as tools for identification and authentication, which in turn will raise new growth opportunities for manufacturers and service providers.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
- The global market for smart card technologies reached $6.7 billion in 2016. This market is expected to increase from nearly $7.3 billion in 2017 to $11.0 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% for 2017-2022.
- North American market is expected to grow from nearly $1.2 billion in 2017 to $1.7 billion in 2022 at a CAGR of 7.6% from 2017 through 2022.
- Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow from $2.8 billion in 2017 to $4.5 billion in 2022 at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2017 through 2022.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- History of the Smart Card
- What is a Smart Card?
- Smart Card Parts
- SIM Card Form Factors
- Integrated Circuit Components
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Technology Type
- Contact Card Market
- Memory Cards
- Optical Memory Cards
- Microprocessor and Multifunction Cards
- Cryptographic Coprocessor Cards
- Contactless Card Market
- Proximity and Active Cards
- Vicinity of Passive Cards
- Hybrid and Dual-Interface Card Market
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by End User
- Government and Nonprofit
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by Application
- SIM Cards
- Payment and Loyalty Cards
- U.S. Payment Cards
- Single European Payment Area
- APAC Payment Cards
- Government Cards
- U.S. National ID Cards
- National ID Cards for Canada
- Europe National ID Cards
- Asia-Pacific National ID Cards
- Access Control Cards
- Pay TV Cards
- Retail Cards
- Transportation Cards
- Transit Payment Trends in the U.S.
- European Transportation Smart Cards
- Asia-Pacific Transportation Smart Cards
- Healthcare Cards
- U.S. Healthcare Smart Cards
- Canada Healthcare Smart Cards
- European Healthcare Smart Cards
- Asia-Pacific Healthcare Smart Cards
- Other Card Applications
- Santander Group Smart Card
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Student IDs (Poland)
Chapter 7: Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 8: Patent Reviews and New Developments
Chapter 9: Market Opportunity Analysis
- Market Strategies by Company Type
- Mobile Network Operators
- Mobile Device Suppliers
- Payment Networks and Banks
Chapter 10: Company Profiles
- American Express Co.
- Atmel Corp.
- Citigroup Inc.
- CPI Card Group
- Cubic Corp.`
- Datang Microelectronics
- E-Data Corp.
- Eastcompeace Smart Card Co. Ltd.
- Gemalto Nv
- Giesecke & Devrient
- Hengbao Co. Ltd.
- Hypercom Corp.
- Infineon Technologies Ag
- Ingenico Corp
- Insidesecure Corp.
- Keycorp Lasercard Corp.
- Lifestream Technologies Inc
- Mastercard Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors
- Oberthur Technologies
- Publicard Inc.
- RSA Security Inc.
- Sagem Orga
- Shenzhen Chuangtong Intelligence Equipment Co. Ltd.
- Siemens Corp.
- Texas Instruments Inc
- Visa International
- Watchdata Technologies
- Wuhan Tianyu
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2srvht/smart_card
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716