DUBLIN, September 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Hydrogen Storage: Materials, Technologies and Global Markets" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Hydrogen is identified as a key future energy source. However, storing hydrogen can be a challenge and requires development of advanced storage methods. Hence, the hydrogen storage space requires the presence of companies that are specialized in various hydrogen storage technologies. This research defines hydrogen storage technologies as various forms of materials, storage media and technology used to store hydrogen in a form that can be used as energy source as and when required.
Hydrogen can be stored physically or can be stored using chemical or material-based methods. Physical storage currently dominates the market, and in physical form, hydrogen can be stored as either a gas or a liquid. Materials-based hydrogen storage includes metal hydride, chemical hydrogen storage and sorbent materials.
Hydrogen storage is the key enabling technology for the advancement of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies in various end-user industries such as chemicals, oil refining, metal processing, and transportation. Of these, the chemicals end-user segment accounts for the majority of the market; however, the transportation end-user segment is witnessing the strongest growth in all geographical regions.
To calculate and segment the market, this research has considered physical, chemical and material-based storage technologies for the hydrogen storage market. Along with product and solutions revenue, the services revenue that a company reports within its total revenue has also been considered.
- An overview of the global markets for hydrogen storage materials technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of CAGRs through 2021.
- Analyses of the market by storage type, application, and end user/industry.
- Detailed discussion of the impact of the key trends and key stakeholders in the market.
- In-depth patent analysis of hydrogen storage material technologies that are currently under investigation or new in the market.
- Profiles of manufacturers of hydrogen storage materials technologies.
The report includes distinct types of companies such as:
- Hydrogen production, fuel cell and hydrogen storage material and technology providers.
- Manufacturers of industrial gases and related products.
- Metal and advanced material manufacturers.
- Others, including storage (such as high-pressure cylinder) suppliers and manufacturers.
- The global hydrogen storage materials and technologies market reached $3.6 billion in 2016. The market should reach nearly $5.4 billion by 2021, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1% from 2016 to 2021
- The physical storage segment of hydrogen materials and technologies reached $2.6 billion in 2016. The market should reach $4.0 billion, growing at a CAGR of 8.6% from 2016 to 2021
- Chemical or material based storage of hydrogen reached $988 million in 2016. The market should reach $1.4 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 6.7% from 2016 to 2021
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- Need for Energy Storage
- Hydrogen as an Energy Source and Hydrogen Storage
- Hydrogen as an Alternative Fuel
- Benefits of Hydrogen as a Fuel
- Hydrogen Storage
- Evolution of the Hydrogen Storage Market
- Various Storage Types
- Physical Storage
- Material-based Storage
- New Developments in the Hydrogen Storage Space
- Growing Use of Electrolyzers
- Hydrogen-powered Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells
- Compact Mobile Hydrogen Carrier
- Zero Emission Hydrogen Train
- Expansion of Hydrogen Fuel Cell-powered Automobiles
- Nanotechnology in Hydrogen Storage
- Liquid Organic Hydrogen Carriers (LOHC)
- Various Stakeholders in the Hydrogen Storage Materials and Technologies Market
- Hydrogen Production, Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Storage Materials and Technology Providers
- Manufacturers of Industrial Gases and Related Products
- Metal and Advanced Material Manufacturers
- Others, including Storage (such as High-pressure Cylinder) Suppliers and Manufacturers
- Growth Forecast of the Hydrogen Storage Materials and Technologies Market
- Major Market Forces
- Government Regulations and Stringent Environmental Standards for Cleaner Fuel
- Growing Demand for Transportation Fuels
- Increase in Oil Consumption and its Declining Availability
- Growing Knowledge of Impact of Crude Oil on Environment
- Growing Urbanization and Growth in Disposable Income
- Key Strategies in the Hydrogen Storage Materials and Technologies Market
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Partnerships at Peer Level
- Strategic Alliances, Joint Ventures and Partnerships
- Geographic Expansion
- Financing and Funding/Investments
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Storage Type
- Physical Storage
- Liquid Hydrogen for Space Exploration
- Underground Hydrogen Storage-
- Chemical or Material-based Storage
- Liquid Organic Hydrogen Carriers (LOHC)
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by End User
- Chemical Industry
- Oil Refining Industry
- Metal Processing Industry
- Transportation and Mobility Sector
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by Application
- Stationary Power
- Portable Power
Chapter 7: Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 8: Patent Review, New Development
Chapter 9: Industry Structure
- Competition among Existing Players
- Threat of New Entrants
- Key Trends in the Global Hydrogen Storage Materials and Technologies Market
- Continued Strong Growth of APAC Region
- Transportation Segment to Be the Strongest Growing Segment
- Continued Partnership between Companies and Research Institutions
- New Developments and Innovation in the Market
- Entrance of New Companies to Continue
- Venture Capital Funding and Investments
- Industry Challenges and Concerns
- Low Knowledge of Hydrogen Economy and Storage in Certain Regions
- High Price of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars and Hence Their Limited Acceptance
- Hydrogen Storage and Portability Issues
- Slow Economic Development
Chapter 10: Company Profiles
- Air Liquide S.A.
- American Elements
- Areva S.A.
- Cella Energy Ltd
- Electro Power Systems S.A.
- Enstorage Inc.
- Gkn Plc.
- Hexagon Composites A.S.A.
- Hydrexia Pty. Ltd.
- Hydrogen In Motion (H2M)
- Hydrogenious Technologies Gmbh
- Linde AG
- Luxfer Holdings Plc
- Mcphy Energy S.A.
- Plug Power Inc.
- Pragma Industries S.A.S.
- Praxair Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nz5vrm/hydrogen_storage
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716